Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The posting of you tube videos and flickr badges to blogs: the process

The Video we made in class was to be uploaded on to You tube and then posted on our blogs. But.... the video our group made had a few of the students faces one it( quite visible)and one of the girls didn't want to be on you Tube. She had heard of someones bad experience with you tube so we didn't upload our video on to You tube. We downloaded the video off the DVD and then posted it on our blog.

To upload videos on to You tube you need to be a member. So all that is required of you apply to you tube.

The Flickr Badge was a little more challenging as I taught myself as I went along. I had already applied for a flickr account so all I had to do was up load some of my favorite photos on to my flickr account. Now finding the make a flicker badge was another story... it took me forever to find it. It was not very obvious way down at the bottom of the page. But once I found it, it wasn't so bad. I then dragged and dropped my photos on to the badge template and then saved it. I then logged on to my blog and clicked on the customize button and then clicked on a gadget button and searched under popular items found the one the allows you to upload your badge and clicked upload. And voila!!! there it was, I don't know if its right but its there!

I enjoyed creating a blog but I think blogging deserve a better topic than discussing course content!